With great views and a spectacular setting in the Sydney Harbour National Park, Shark Island is the perfect destination for a weekend picnic; large grassy areas, shady trees or a gazebo available. Enjoy a relaxing ferry trip each way and spend a few hours or the whole day on Shark Island.
Matilda's Shark Island Ferry departs daily from both Darling Harbour and Circular Quay. The island received its name because of its shape - not its wildlife! Lying just off Rose Bay, the 1.5-hectare island has spectacular views down the harbour to the Bridge and the Opera House.
Alternatively you can purchase an all-day Sydney Harbour Express Cruise
ticket, including Shark Island Park Fees. The Harbour Express Cruise departs every 30-45 minutes and visits Darling Harbour, Circular Quay, Fort Denison (fees apply), Taronga Zoo, Watsons Bay and Luna Park. Stop off at any destination throughout the day and reboard the next Explorer Cruise at your own pace. A great family day adventure.
- The island features five picnic shelters, each containing a table and attached bench, and four open air picnic tables with attached benches.
- There is one gazebo on the island that can accommodate up to 30 people (this can not be booked, it is a first come, first served basis)
- Drinking water and toilets are available.
- There is plenty of shade and a small beach area for swimming.
- There is no shop on the island all food and drink should be taken with you
- Please note there are no BBQ facilities on the island.
|(Includes return cruise and National Parks landing fee)|
Return Ferry +
|Child ( 4-15yrs )|
* Prices are subject to change without notice.
|Pier 26, Darling Harbour|
every 45 minutes from 9.30am
|No.6 Jetty, Circular Quay|
every 45 minutes from 9.45am
Additional departures may operate during peak periods.
Alternatively visit our Ticket offices
and buy your ticket before you travel.